Information & Instructions for Participants:
Date: Saturday July 13, 2019
Starting Time: 10:00
Starting Point: Vamvakou Lakonia, at the entrance of the village Siginiseos Station
Finish Line: Vamvakou Lakonia, Siginiseos Station
Participation: Eligible to participate are those above the age of 18 (born before 13/7/2001. Participants must have good physical condition, must have run a similar mountain race at least of 20km during the previous 2 years.
Participation fee: Participation at the 28 km VAMVAKOU MOUNTAIN RUN is free of charge.
Participation is considered to be valid only if you sign in through the site. If one would like to cancel their participation it is kindly requested to send an email (run@VamvakouRevival.org) in order to release the participation for another interested party.
Registrations: Registrations are limited to the number of 200 participants for the 28 km route.
Race Package: All registered participants will receive the participation number and the timing chip, a bag for their personal items and the souvenir t-shirt of the race.
Electronic Timing: Although the race is non-competitive, the 28 km route will be timed.
Time limit: 7 hours
- Starting Point: Siginiseos Station, 0 km: 950m. altitude
- Location Loggous, 2km: 1038m. altitude
- Location Sparta Refuge: 5 km: 1414m. altitude
- Location forest road (Mantres) to Prophet Elias: 10km: 1258m. altitude
- Prophet Elias location: 14.5 km: 1645m. altitude (runners’ time check point).
- Location Sparta Refuge: 20.5 km: 1414m. altitude
- Location Loggous, 23km: 1038m. altitude
- Location Agia Kyriaki, 25 km: 984m. altitude
- Finish Line: Siginiseos Station, 28km: 950m. altitude